The Foundation is an exciting new venture inspired by Sharon Faye’s life story.
Sharon’s unrelenting interest in humanity’s plight came from her own struggle to survive in an extremely harsh environment. Learning from a young age to survive the atrocities of childhood abuse of the most brutal kind, she became interested in her ability to survive. Once Sharon realised that she was successful at surviving, she became interested in what it would take to learn how to thrive. This seemed like an arduous task without the basic developmental resources that one would assume a human being needs to grow, develop and triumph from such adversity.
Sharon did survive and now she is a successful Corporate Psychologist in private practice located in Subiaco Perth on the west coast of Australia. Sharon has devoted her life to healing others through the process of building Emotional Strength. Emotional Strength is the ability to respond in an open and vulnerable way in the face of intense emotional experience. Nearly two decades of practical application in private practice has shown that building Emotional Strength is life changing in the areas of business, finance, health, addiction, anorexia, trauma, education and leadership development.
Emotional Strength also has healing properties that assist adult survivors of childhood sexual, physical and emotional abuse to heal their wounds and learn to lead successful and productive lives. Sharon has also had success in education when she demonstrated how failing high school and university students can achieve results beyond expectations.
Grateful for the difference that Sharon’s work has made in their business and their lives, a number of Sharon’s clients asked how they could help in getting more people exposed to her work. The Foundation was born from their contributions.
The next chapter of Sharon’s vision is through the Foundation. The Sharon Faye Foundation Board is committed to research in five areas of our community.
These systems provide the infrastructure of our community and are regarded by the Foundation as pivotal to the health and well-being of humanity.
The Foundation’s strategic intent is to:
- Introduce the concept of Emotional Strength to the world
- Educate various sectors about how Emotional Strength can be used to evolve humanities understanding/misunderstanding of negative emotion
- Attract a team of skilled and competent researchers to raise the profile of the Foundation and its humanitarian intent
- Publish quality research which demonstrates how Emotional Strength can develop healthy cultures and resolve conflict
- Publish quality research to demonstrate that developing Emotional Strength can heal the deepest wounds of humanity
- Researchers to develop a map of the process of Building Emotional Strength
- Demonstrate how Emotional Strength is essential to improve the education of our children, the health of our people, the quality of our leaders, and the effectiveness of our law and the value of our economy.
Effective leaders in the 21st Century will have Emotional Strength.
"Demonstrate how Emotional Strength is essential to improve the education of our children, the health of our people, the quality of our leaders, and the equality of our justice system and the value of our economy"